Saturday 6 April 2013

Cabot Tower, Bristol

Hello friends:)
I hope you all had a good easter, if you celebrated it. I didn't. It's strange, here they eat big chocolate eggs instead of chocolate bunnies.. doesn't look as cute.
Today's the penultimate time of my holiday. Got my ear pierced (do not tell the organisation), went to Cardiff and visited London twice (posts about that still to come). So yeah, I'm quite happy with my holiay:). I also went to see Cabot Tower with another exchange student girl from Italy. I had never heard of it before, but my friend's mum informed me about it when she drove us into town once. It's a tower but it is rather hidden and not high enough to see it from the centre - it isn't far from Park Street. 

The weather was lovely!:) We might go again for a picnic.

The stairs are horrible but it's worth it for the view


It was built in memory of John Cabot, who discovered Newfoundland in 1497 on the Matthew. There's a duplicate of that ship in the harbour here, which I really want to visit soon. Oh, and there's a 'Cabot Tower' in Newfoundland (for the same reason..), which I want to see as well :P.

Also this:) Froyo!!

The sunset in the evening was lovely as well!

Also: A girl from school and I finally went to YO! SUSHI. It is so good! And expensive, but there's a 20% student discount if you're part of their YO! Love Club, which I am now :P
Afterwards, I showed her how to use skype for when I'm gone. We've already used it a few times now, we live about 20 minutes apart mind. She plays Sims (3 of course) and turns her camera around so I can help her :)).

 Have a good weekend, I'll write about London and Cardiff soon. I just need to organise all the pictures.. and I still need to do all of my coursework for next week xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment