Sunday 9 September 2012

new family - new school

Heii
Haven't written to you in a while. On Wednesday, I moved in with my 'real' host family. My host parents are really lovely and have got two boys, 15 and 21, and a daughter, which doesn't live here anymore. I live in Warmley now. I also started school on Thursday. As of now, I've only had two hours of World Development on Thursday and three hours of Maths and two hours of Psychology on Friday. World Development has been really interesting so far but IF I'm going to drop one subject, it probably would be this one. Maths has been really easy so far and Psychology has been more difficult than I expected. There are quite a few words I have problems with - but it's fascinating.
I usually have school from twenty to nine in the morning to quarter past three in the afternoon daily. But on one day I have a free afternoon. Maybe I'm going to drop one subject, because they're all on A Level now, which can get quite hard. I thought I had to wear a uniform - like most of the students at the school - but I don't. I got put into Sixth Form, which is quite similiar to the tenth school year in Switzerland. Students do it, if they've finished High School but don't want to or can't go to college or start an apprenticeship. At least that's how I understand it.
I also notice that I've got difficulties with the comma rules in school. The English teachers I've had in Switzerland so far all said, that the comma rules are too difficult and that we wouldn't get graded on them. But now I have no idea how to put the commas in my school work!!
I've also noticed that I don't have to worry about grammar, because no one else does either:P.

I'll have to go to bed now, got school tomorrow.
Have a nice week
Alex xx

No comments:

Post a Comment