Tuesday 4 September 2012

Bristol

Hey guys
I promise this post will be a lot shorter than the one from yesterday. Oh, yesterday I forgot to tell you something: When I missed the first bus (because I didn't wave) I went to LIDL to waste some time. I didn't even know LIDL exists in the UK. That's what I found:):
la vache qui rit!!!!
(sounds catchier than 'Laughing Cow Cheese' in my opinion...)


 picture just for evidence

Today:
For breakfast I finally tried British crumpets (there are different types of crumpets apparently) and I really liked them with that butter..:). At eleven o'clock I took the bus to Bristol (the right one) with another STS student. He's from Norway. We got ourselves application forms for the bus. They offer Student Photocards and other tickets at http://www.firstgroup.com .
Afterwards we also got some SIM cards that have better deals for use within the UK. I haven't taken any pictures of Bristol today, because we only were in the city centre around the bus station. There are A LOT of cool shops and malls. I'm sure I'll go see the Avon some other time and will take some picures.
I just heard the other student in the house scream, because she found a huge spider in her room. Wendy told us there are always lots of spiders around this time of the year - when it turns to autumn.

Write to you soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment