Monday 3 September 2012

Hanham High School and bus problems

Montag 3. September 2012

Hej
I'm going to switch to English now because... I feel like it.
So, today I went to see my new school for the first time: Hanham High School. Wendy drove me in the morning. I have a really good first impression.

(I didn't have my camera with me, I have to buy a new charger first, I'm sorry about the quality)


I didn't have any classes yet, it'll start on Thursday. I went to choose my subjects and some lovely ladies were helping me. They told me I should pick four and gave me a big plan with all their subjects. I couldn't decide so I chose five:
Maths
French
Psychology
English Literature
World Development

They told me I could still get rid of one, if it gets too intense. 
I also wanted to take Travel&Tourism but they told me it isn't the right thing for an exchange student. I thought about taking engineering, but it is a two-year programme, which isn't ideal for me. 
Hanham High has some kind of partnership with other high schools in the area, that's why I'll have my French class in another school. Hanham has a lot of Art classes and the other schools have different main subjects. 

After we were done I just walked around in Hanham for a bit to get to know it a bit better. It's really beautiful:




And then I saw this:

I tried to get closer to the brick thing-y next to the flag pole and failed many times. But then I found it:) It was so beautiful up there. If you ever visit Bath or Bristol or any other part of South West England, just go to Hanham (I think I was still in Hanham) and walk down 'Summerhill Terrace':



and you'll get to this:)
and then to this:




Afterwards I wanted to take the bus back home to Willsbridge. Buses here are quite different than the ones in Wettingen. There's only one bus an hour from Hanham that stops in Willsbridge, but you have to wave at the bus stop, otherwise it will just drive past you... yep, it did happen to me. And there also isn't an electronic sign within the bus (like the ones in Wettingen, before you get to the bus stop 'Langenstein', it says 'Langenstein' and you know where you're at). Here, you somehow just have to know where you're at... Well, I didn't.. I didn't get out when I should of and ended up in Bath, the end station. To sum up my whole afternoon: I had some more problems with all the buses, but there were three really lovely blokes trying to help me and later also a bus driver  (I got onto his bus, which wasn't the right one). He drove me back to Bath and helped me, together with his boss, find the bus. I wasn't too anxious that I was lost in a city I didn't really know actually, because the bus driver was really nice. We had a few problems communicating, because he was from Poland. But he's really into Switzerland because of the banks. Apparently everyone is rich over there...;)

Okay, I'm going to sleep now, I've been running around all day.
xx

2 comments:

  1. Hamham high school and bus are described in the post her. Read to know more

    coach to malacca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summerhill Terrace is in St. George. Good blog though, especially the bit about the buses!

    ReplyDelete