Tuesday 7 May 2013

LONDON and CARDIFF (CAERDYDD)

HIYA. 
I've been travelling quite a lot in the last two months, especially to London.. 3 times. I flipping love it! London has been my favourite city since 2007, when I first went with my family (The year of the bombings, which everyone seems to remember quite vividly. Even my friends could tell me which year that happened as I wasn't sure, and they usually aren't the best with dates..). I also went to Cardiff (Caerdydd, the capital of Whales if you don't know (I sure didn't;)))with one of the girls from my school last half term. It's only about 4 quid each from Bristol by megabus. Pretty good. We only went shopping, sadly, because all of the museums and castles are rather expensive, apparently. I do want to go back and visit them though. Oh, and Cardiff is also the filming area for Doctor Who - a British telly programme. I've never actually seen a full episode, it creeps me out a bit but it is also hard to follow the story when you just watch it randomly. It's been on for about 50 years and my host brother says it used to be better.. 
Here are some random pictures..:)

I love Welsh though. Makes me feel at home because the people 
pronounce their 'sorry' reeeaally strongly, just like us Swiss folk;). And their English accent is amazing! 
We always watch Welsh weather forecast as it includes the West too..


And in the same holidays I also went to London to meet two of my Swiss friends of my old high school class. It was lovely. One of them hadn't been to London before so we went tot all the touristy places. My other friend, however, has been doing an exchange year in London, well, half a year, so she knows the city quite well. She also explained the tube system to me a bit, which I now understand much better. I've  always wanted to understand that!! I still have a tube app though, which helps  a lot - Tube Map.
I went early in the morning by train. I arrived at about 8 o'clock, which is far too blooming early
as most shops open at 9.30.. lazy British people.
LOVE those houses!!
Once I met up with my friends we went to the National History Museum, which I've never gone to before (it's free!). To be honest, I didn't particularly like most of the art in there but the architecture is beautiful (you're not supposed to take pictures though.;)).
A bit of Van Gogh. It has been brought  to Amsterdam now. I asked last time I went:/

I see this everytime I go to London (as it is outside the M&Ms shop;)) and I still don't know what it is actually about. You definitely do not feel that 'lasting friendship' ;). 
The M&Ms shop is on 1 Swiss Court!!



 I absolutely love spending time in London:). It's becoming an almost normal every-day thing by now, which is awesome..

Thanks to my parents for letting me spend far too much blooming money and see you later xx

No comments:

Post a Comment