Tuesday 21 May 2013

Bournemouth

Hiya. Last bank holiday weekend I went to Bournemouth to visit my friend from our college back in Switzerland. I took the train from Bath this time (because I wanted to see a different railway station than last time). The taxi into Bath was even more expensive than the one I normally get into Bristol, although it is a shorter distance. My host mum says it's because Bath is a bit more posh but that's no excuse to raise the price!! Anyway.. I was there half an hour early and had Bath for myself, which doesn't happen often (loads of tourists all the time), so here are a few photos:

and that's the train station (not as nice as Bristol Temple Meads)
I had to take the train to Paddington Station but got off at Southampton Central and took the train down South to Bournemouth. All in all it takes about two hours (plus half an hour waiting in Southampton). The coach journey would've taken six bloody hours!! Bristol - Bournemouth isn't actually that far apart, there's just nothing direct.
I first bought my tickets on thetrainline.com (I even have the app) but then I read, that you need to have the credit card you bought them with to pick them up. I had to cancel everything as I'd used my dad's card (they kept £20 anyway), so I went to Temple Meads the night before and went to the counter. A man there told me it's rubbish to order tickets online anyway because they're trying to trick you - I payed about half as much as I would have if I bought it online - and he had an Irish accent, which is always a plus;).
there was a white horse on a hill... 

That's Bournemouth's railway station:). 
I met up with my friend and her host sister from Spain (I got an invite to go to Mallorca!)and we went to the centre:).
Bournemouth has the most beautiful park!
It has a hot-air ballon and an enormous bird cage!!

Then we went down to the beach:D. I also got to go to the oldest Shakeaway!

Overlooking the centre from a car park

We went out for Greek food and then I slept at her place. The next day, we took the bus into the centre (Shakeaway again). From there, we took the bus to Sandbanks.


Sandbanks:)
Then we got on the bus again, which went on to Swanage. It even got on a ferry once!

In Swanage, we had a small picnic.
If you look closely, you should be able to see the hot-air balloon - there's the centre.



Then I had to get the train back to Keynsham. Bournemouth gets swamped with tourists on bank holidays, so I went home on Sunday already. It was lovely, more ... peaceful than Bristol, I'd say, but also a bit more boring:P. 

When I got home, there were more hot-air ballons waiting for me:)

This weekend, I've been ill and in bed 24/7. I hate being ill in a different environment...
Tomorrow and the day after, I have my French and psychology exam and then, finally, half term until the 10th of June, although I have another psychology exam on the 5th. We're officially on study leave now, which means you only have to go to the lessons you haven't had your exams in - but they don't really mind if you don't go to the other ones either as it's only revision anyway;). 
The plans on Paris aren't working out, probably, which I'm fine with - I should be focusing on the UK anyway. I've plans with loads of girls from school to go to London (I know, again!) after all the exams, which will be nice. There are also some plans on Oxford (unis!) and Salisbury including Stonehenge. 
I'll update you on all of that xx

No comments:

Post a Comment