Sunday 23 December 2012

Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park, London

Heey. After we came back from the Harry Potter Studio, we had 3h left in London. It was very busy (Friday evening) and we didn't fully know where we were. We saw loads of lights and then tried to find the Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park. First we went to eat some Chinese though. We hadn't had anything the whole day except for Butterbeer...

 10£ :)

Then we went to Starbucks and then walked up to Hyde park. The Winter Wonderland is really lovely and I think it stays open until the 6th of January, so I definitely want to go again. We only had an hour and it's HUGE. We were only able to walk through the whole thing once and then we had to leave again.

There also is an ice rink, which looks very, very lovely:)

Oh, and there was a circus as well but the queue was quite long but I'd like to go some time. 
Took us about half an hour to get back to the Victoria station. It's still very confusing to me (and my friend wasn't of much help:P) as there are two Victoria coach stations - I think one's for arrival and one for departure. We went to the departure one but we couldn't find the right coach back to Bristol. We asked an employee but he didn't care, because he worked for national express. We made it on our designated coach on the last second. Turns it was on the wrong gate, it wasn't actually a megabus and the sign that said Bristol had fallen off :/. I think that's a plus for national express as well: Their buses seem to be much more commonly used.
On the way home we saw all the pretty Christmas lights :).

That's Harrods :)

That was definitely one of the best days I've spent since I've gotten here. LOVED the Studio ktour and also just spending time in London.. I'm probably going again this holiday.

I also went out for tea with some girls from school this week. We went to Za Za Bazaar near the Hippodrome in Bristol.. REALLY GOOD!

There was a buffet with food from all over the world; I finally had my sushi!!!:D. The girls even gave me some Christmas present for my 'first Christmas here':) , which was really lovely. I went to a friend's house before to watch some telly and she said she's going to take me to Bath for some sushi:D she loves it as well.


Have a lovely Christmas and thank you so much for reading 
Alex xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment