Sunday 16 December 2012

Christmasy

I flippin went to the Harry Potter WB Studio Tour yesterday! Was incredible!! But I'll have to do a separate post on it, too many photos;)

OK, sooo... HELLO!
Nothing special happened otherwise.
The floods have been much worse than I was expecting. Big parts of Keynsham, where my host mum works, village next to Willsbridge, was very flooded. We had to watch people getting pulled out of their cars... was quite bad. The whole of South Gloucestershire was flooded rather hard. Oh, and the field, where the Cadbury chocolate factory is, was flooded as well. And there, they want to demolish the factory and build houses... people here say, houses get built on flood areas and they sell them on without telling the buyer and then when it comes, they aren't insured. Sounds bad:/
It hasn't been raining much the last few weeks though.. I'm really glad as my umbrella broke about a month ago and I still haven't replaced it. It's been getting really cold though but still no snow in sight:(.. but more than enough frost:

I didn't go to the Bath market after all. I would have loved to go to, but it only was on until the ninth of December.. I did go to the German one in Bristol loads though. I went into town with my German friend a few times. She found my blog so I've got to be nice just in case;). We went to the St. Nicholaus Market. It isn't as much in the centre as the other one, just a few minutes away, and more urban:


... and then she took me to Park Street - it's a few minutes away from the centre and REALLY LOVELY. There are lots of vintage shops and the street leads from the Hippodrome (theatre), which is right by the water, to Bristol university.


 We also saw some Banksy work:) he apparently is a Bristolian graffiti artist.. really cool


Bristol seems to be in a very Christmasy mood in general:)


School has been rather good, I just keep on sleeping late and missing it.. which should change NOW. The holidays start on the 21st so we've got one week of school left. My goal is to not be late for those five days.. might even be able to do that:). Oh, and my host mum got my current grades sent to her (although we didn't have any tests yet, I think they're just estimates). I reckon I'm doing all right. I've got As in French and maths, a B in psychology and a C in English literature. I really enjoy English, but it is challenging. I like the books we're reading. Our subject for the whole year is supposed to be 'struggle for identity' but all the books we've read so far are quite.. kinky :P. We've read The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood and The Woman Who Walked Into Doors by Roddy Doyle. I now have to do a 1100-word essay on The Handmaid's Tale and a 750-word one on The Woman Who Walked Into Doors. We also read Equus.. you know, the play Daniel Radcliffe was in;) the one about horses. Kinky as well. And over Christmas I've got to read One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest.

And I'm going to the Mcfly concert in May in Bristol!! My friend's friend ordered the tickets last weekend:D.

OH, and I also went to the Winter Wonderland in London, but I think I'm going to put it in the next post.. far too many pictures again.

Have a marvelous December;) xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment