Saturday 29 December 2012

HAPPY CHRISTMAS

Merry Christmas is American, apparently. So... Happy Christmas!

Hiya
I hope you all had a very happy Christmas! 
I stayed in England and celebrated with my host family. On the 24th, Christmas eve, extended family came over and there was an enormous buffet made by my host brother and his uncle. I tried to help but ended up just tasting everything. While waiting for the food to be ready and my host mum to get back from work, we watched telly. We watched 'Coming of age', which is.. unusual. It's a bit too crude for me but my brother loved it..
In the evening, all the aunts and cousins and grandmothers came over. The food was brilliant :D. In the evening we watched 'Fast And Furious' because I said I've never seen it. Didn't like it either but oh well. 
On Christmas day we opened our presents in the morning. I got some really amazing music from my brother - Ben Howard and , of course, Ed Sheeran. Yup, we're both a bit obsessed - but he's definitely worse than me:P. I've never heard of Ben Howard.. well, before Jay told me about him.but he seems rather big according to his youtube views. He's incredible!! and British! We had turkey with gravy, Yorkshire puddings and potatoes. Oh, and we pulled Christmas crackers:). We don't have them at home but they're mentioned in Harry Potter, so I've heard of them. 
You get a joke, a paper crown and a toy. My toy wasn't really a toy.. I got a shoehorn:D.

I didn't know which one to show you, but that's the one I saw first:)
Ben Howard - Old Pine


On the 26th I went to a family party with my brother. I tried Scotch Egg, which is all right I guess, but I like it because it reminds me of Celebrity Juice :P. I also started catching up on 'The Inbetweeners' over the holidays. My brother told me to. So far I really like it :). A bit crude as well. 

I also started sending letters home. It was really strange - I've never had to do that before (except for the occasional postcard). I had to tell the woman at the post office how expensive the things are that I'm sending off. That kind of ruins the present though, because she wrote it on the envelope (what's inside and what it's worth):/. Oh, and I had to pay 10£ for about 6 letters..

I'm not sure what I'm doing on New Year's Eve yet. My family has to work the next day, so I won't be able to celebrate with them. I'm probably going out with some of the exchange students..

Hope you're enjoying the holidays xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment