Sunday 20 January 2013

first snow of the year in Willsbridge Mill

Hello. Winter has finally arrived here in Bristol! People have been waiting for snow for a long time. An older man started talking to me at the bus stop while waiting for our bus. They had the most snow here in 1963 apparently - back when he was still a bus conductor:).
It's been in the forecast for weeks, but it actually came true on Friday! It's been snowing all through last week throughout the whole country, but only now we've got snow. It was only about four inches on Friday night, but the people have gone crazy. We had school off on Friday - most school's have been closed. The bus service has been unbelievably unstable as well. My friend and I wanted to visit the Roman baths in Bath on Saturday as we didn't have tennis, but there was no way going to Bath. We'll have to reschedule it - it sounds so good! Everyone was snowed in and I couldn't get to anyone else's, so I went for a walk. I visited Willsbridge Mill, which was lovely:).


 my host mum lent me her Wellies:) (and jacket and hat.. I'm not prepared whatsoever)



It's beautiful and you could walk for miles. It's right next to the main road in Willsbridge but you can't hear anything except the stream anyway.
I might have school off tomorrow as well. They said it should snow even more tonight... but probably not.

I think I've caught a cold while walking along the stream.. But I'm watching Nanny McPhee on the telly now and my host brother just brought me some apple crumble with Custard, so I could be worse;).

Thank you for reading! x

No comments:

Post a Comment