Wednesday 30 January 2013

Beautiful Bath

Hiya!! Some exchange students and I visited Bath this weekend. I finally went! I've been there accidentally as I didn't get off the bus at my stop and just went from Bristol all the way to Bath in my first week here.
The snow is completely gone now, but while traveling to Bath, we could still see some snow-covered hills. 
This time, we actually got to see quite a lot, not just the bus station. 
First we went to Bath Abbey, which was founded in the 7th century. It was absolutely beautiful.
That's the square right in front of the Abbey. 

 and there's a fudge shop right there as well:)



That's Pulteney Bridge crossing Avon. It's the only bridge, except for one in Florence, which has got shops throughout it - one of the girls was quite informed;). It's a Grade 1 listed bridge.


That's the Royal Crescent, built between 1767 and1774. It's one of the greatest examples of Georgian architecture in the UK and is a Grade 1 listed building.
Here's a picture from the web, so you might see the crescent..

The Grade 1 listing means the building has been placed on the Statutory List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest, in the UK. Grade 1: buildings of exceptional interest. 

I had never seen a grey telephone box before...


 
We also went to the Bath market:).

We then went to the Victoria Art Gallery , which was free. I loved Roger Mayne's photographs, but they're a bit too dear for me. We also planned to go to the Fashion Museum, but didn't have enough time. We'll be back!

And then we went home:). 

I really want to go back soon, it was lovely. There are quite a lot shopping opportunities in the centre, so it's perfect. I hope the picture overload and the historical facts don't bother you, I like it. 

 Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed it x

No comments:

Post a Comment