Saturday 20 October 2012

new family - same school

Hey:). Ok, so... I'm staying with a different family now. Surprised? Me too:P. I'm fine.
I don't really know what to tell you though..: There were some family problems, which I don't want to get into. My host parents contacted my organisation and asked them to place me somewhere else, without me knowing. On Tuesday my (ex) host dad sat down with me and explained the situation. He also said, that it had nothing to do with me... just so you know;). My parents (the real, biological ones) received an email confirming it as well.  He told me I was going to move on Thursday night.. So I had two evenings to pack up everything. That part was quite horrible! Nothing fit in my suitcases anymore and I had to fill up two black bin bags with all my belongings... shouldn't have bought all those books and boots. In a way, it was quite sad to leave them, but I'm very chuffed with my new home actually. When I said goodbye to them on Thursday, I was a bit upset and they told me I should come visit some time. I did have quite a good time while staying with them, most of the time at least. Sometimes I didn't at all. But my host mum showed me a lot of different British music and TV programmes and told me about the many different parts of the country and their social statuses. My host dad showed me a different type of music than she did :P and told me a lot about England's history. So I am grateful I got to stay with them.
My area rep picked me up and drove me to my new family. They live about three roads above my area rep, with whom I stayed at the beginning of my exchange year (first few Blog posts), so I already know the area a bit. It's also even closer to school, only takes about 5-10 minutes by bus. I really miss my old bus drivers though, because now I have to get on a different number. 
When I arrived here, my new host mum and my host brother welcomed me and we had tea together (not actual tea, some people here call dinner tea). It was amazing! She cooked it herself!! I didn't have a meal like that for a while. We had meat with gravy, beans, potatoes and Yorkshire puddings. It was incredible:). 
Today, my host mum showed me how to get to training (it's called Hit Fit, I think I haven't told you) from the house. It's easy to walk. My new home isn't really far away from my old host family, I'd say about a 40-minute walk. There's only one village to go through. 
Afterwards, we went to Keynsham to do some shopping, also by foot. It's such a beautiful area! We went along the street, but to our right was a huge field with flowers and other trees, and then there was the river, Avon. We could have walked along the river, but it was too muddy. There is an enormous red chocolate factory on the way too, Cadbury chocolate. She also showed me the train station, from which I can go to Bristol, Bath or London Paddington :D. I really enjoyed shopping in Keynsham. It reminds me of Kingswood, but it's even nicer. It's a bit smaller and quite old-fashioned and has a lot of charity shops as well. Bought some stuff and had my first real pasty :).
My host brother is really lovely as well. He's twenty. He's at an Ed Sheeran concert right now, which makes me really jealous. He loves playing the guitar and is really good at it!
Tomorrow I'm going to go into town with a friend again. Next week, I've got school until Wednesday, and then the holidays start on Thursday. We've got 11 days off, in which I hopefully get to travel around a bit more..
I'm sorry I haven't taken any pictures, but I'm going out with my amazing camera soon (finally got the charger) to take some pictures for you.
I hope all of you are well and enjoying autumn,
xxx Alexandra

(Oh, and by the way: I finished the Mcfly book... it's absolutely incredible! Loved it!! I'm probably going to read it again. It's actually quite hard to find good books around here, I haven't seen any book shops at all. ASDA has got a book section, but it's filled with autobiographies of people I've never heard of before and don't really want to in the future. I thought about getting J.K. Rowling's new book 'The Casual Vacancy'... or I might get some Harry Potter books in English again (it's less expensive to buy them again than to have my parents send them to me). I know it doesn't make sense, but Harry Potter somehow remind me of home and my family :P)  

No comments:

Post a Comment